Updated May 6, 2020
- Current Re-entering the Workplace Guidelines for Extension Staff are found here:
- Extension staff will continue their work and be available by phone and/or email during work hours.
- Extension educational programming will be delivered using alternative methods.
- Supervisors should communicate regularly with staff to establish expectations for work goals and reporting of accomplishments.
- Employees working from home will continue to take sick and annual leave as needed if unable to perform their work duties.
- Personal international travel or domestic travel more than 50 miles beyond the Tennessee border is highly discouraged. Effective 3/16/2020 employees who travel more than 50 miles beyond the Tennessee border are expected to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to Tennessee.
- UT Extension public events, group activities and educational programs through 7/31/2020 must be conducted using distance technology or rescheduled.
- Group meetings, activities and events at UT Extension 4-H Centers and Lone Oaks Farm will be suspended through 7/31/2020. External groups scheduled during this time will be allowed to reschedule without penalty.
- Effective 3/09/2020 all international and out of state work travel greater than 50 miles beyond the Tennessee border is suspended.
- Effective 3/09/2020 employees that travel internationally or travel on a cruise ship will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to Tennessee.
- Supervisors may authorize the payment of a technology or cell phone stipend of up to $50 from unit gift accounts or F&A returns for employees (both exempt and non-exempt staff) who are not currently receiving a stipend. These stipends should be provided to employees who will actively using personnel cell phones or internet services to telecommute.
- County Directors should work closely with local county government to determine any additional precautions that should be taken within each County Extension office and work closely with local county government to serve as a resource in assisting county governments with COVID-19 suppression and mitigation efforts.
Information from UT Extension experts regarding the new coronavirus strain.